Sprouter is used to sprouting of pulses.
Sprouting is the natural germination process which improves the digestive process.
The health benefits of sprouts make up quite an impressive list, and they include the ability to improve the digestive process, boost the metabolism, increase enzymatic activity throughout the body, prevent anemia, aid in weight loss, lower cholesterol, reduce blood pressure, prevent neural tube defects in infants, boost skin health, improve vision, support the immune system, and increase usable energy reserves.
There are many types of common bean sprouts:
- Mung bean sprout is made from the greenish-capped mung beans
- Soybean sprout is made from the yellow, large-grained soybean
- Pulses (legumes; pea family):
- To optimize the various conditions for sprouting such as temperature, humidity.
- To work on the sprouting of pulses.
- To design small household sprouter.
- First, take a trial on big sprouter.
- The trial took on the peas.
- This system works well for peas.
The trail for small sprouter:
Prototype second: Date: 5/6/2019
Took a wooden box which is insulated inside by thermo-col.
fixed small piece of sponge in it.Also, dry bulb and wet bulb thermometer fixed in that box.
First 100 ml water is added in the sponge.
And checked the relative humidity in the box after the interval of one hr. from the below reading.
|Sr.No.||Time||Dry bulb||Wet bulb||Relative Humidity|
From these reading it was seen that the humidity is not properly maintained due to improper insulation inside the box also the outside humidity is not recorded by me.
Again trial for relative humidity:
Prototype third :Date:6/6/2019
New insulation of thermo-col is provided in the box.
In these experiment I will took 50 ml water in the given sponge, and the reading are as follow,
From these also seen that relative humidity averagely maintained. But here also the humidity and temperature is disturbed due to uniform opening of the box while getting reading.
Here also 50 ml water is added in the sponge.
here the average difference between outside and inside humidity is 20%
Here also 50 ml water was added in the sponge.
here average difference was 15%
here average difference was 20%.
Trial first for pulses:Date:12/6/2019
- In first trail 50-gram, matki and 50-gram cowpeas are taken.
- These are soaked in water for 8 hours.
- Then put in the box for sprouting for 12 hours.
- In this box the sponge with 50 ml. water is fixed.
- Weight of box =7.09 gram
- Weight of the box with water=50.64 gram
| Inside |
- The final weight of sponge=47.07 gram
- In the trial, it was seen that cowpeas had the fungus, foul smell and it becomes sticky.
- And the matki haad no smell and having good sprouts.
- In second trail chickpeas and cowpeas are taken and soaked for 8 hours.
- And the sponge is soaked with 30 ml water.
- These are put in the box for 22 hours.
- Weight of sponge =3.97 gram
- Weight of the sponge with water=25.85gram
Final weight of sponge=22.05
| Inside |
| Outside |
In these, it will be seen that the chickpeas having sprouts with no foul smell and stickiness but the cowpeas getting fungus and sticky again.
Trial third: Date:14/6/2019
These trial was taken for cow peas.
In this trial, 30 ml of water was added in the sponge in the box and soaking time is reduced to 5 hours and sprouting time was 12 hours.
Again the cow peas getting fungus and foul smell.
Trial fourth: Date:15/6/2019
Thus trial taken for chhole and mug.
30 ml water is added to the sponge and the soaking time of chhole and mug was 12 hours and sprouting time was 12 hours.
Chhole had get foul smell and also get sticky. Mug was get sprouted with no smell.
Trial fifth: Date:17/6/2019
These trial was taken for cow peas.
In this trial, 20 ml of water was added in the sponge in the box and soaking time is reduced to 3 hours and sprouting time was 12 hours.
Here the water quantity is decreases due to less evaporation.
Both methods was failed for the cow peas.
cowpeas in box getting fungus and sticky and also foul smell, and this causes similar in the traditional method.
Trial sixth: Date:19/6/2019
These trial was taken for Horse gram.
There were 50 gram of horse gram are taken and soaked for 10 hours.
In this trial, 20 ml of water was added in the sponge in the box and sprouting time was 12 hours.
Weight of sponge =4.80 gram
Weight of the sponge with water=26.56 gram
Final weight of the sponge= 11.35 gram
There was no foul smell for the horse gram.
It getting good sprouts.
I made a tray for big sprouter on this day. And the mesh was used for that.
In the big spruoter kept a batch of horse gram.
There were 1.5 kg of horse gram was taken.
And got a good result.
Date : 24/06/2019
On this day new box for sprouter was taken.
This box insulated by the thermocol.