Objective: making hand operated shredder or cutter for kitchen waste.
Material: metal pipe, metal sheet, grinder cutter, bench grinder, welding assembly, polish paper, primer, paint.
Total length of shredder: 152cm
Length of pipe: 148 cm
Blade height: 10cm
Blade length: 20 cm
- First I was observed the existing designs of shredder which was used to cut or shred the kitchen waste for composting.
- Take measurements of these designs for reference.
- Then I was selecting the material from scrap for making shredder.
- First cut the pipe with the help of cutter.
- After that cut the plate in U-shape for cutting waste material into the small size.
- Fitted the both plate into each other.
- Made same four cuts on the pipe by grinder
- gave finishing for the blades and pipe by grinding blade
- Sharpened the edges of the blades with bench grinder
- After fitting welding was done with electric arc welding method
- Polished of shredder was carried out with the help of the polish paper.
- Finally gave the primer and colour to the shredder.