- We had need of Humidity sensor for sensing moisture of drying chamber in Drying Apparatus. As per requirement we get Temperature & Humidity sensor (DHT21 series) from market. But these sensor was getting damage after 4-5 days. Temperature sensing was good but humidity sensing was too poor.
- we dependent on dry bulb and wet bulb temperature apparatus using these temperature data we can calculate humidity.
- So we are looking low cost & better performance sensor, but we didn’t found.
- we calculate humidity using principle of dry-bulb & wet-bulb thermometer.
- we thought can we make this model/equipment using electronics components (digital temperature sensor & controller).
- Saturation Vapor Pressure @ wet bulb temp:
- Actual Vapor Pressure:
= Sat. V.P.@wet bulb – [ (psy. constant) * (Atm.Pressure in kPa) * (T(dry)-T(wet)) ]
- Relative Humidity:
= (Actual V.P./ Saturation V.P.)*100