PROBLEM STATEMENT :-
1. Generally, the workers carry the cement bag on their back during loading and unloading which is not a proper way to handling the cement bag. this causes health problems sometimes.
2. When workers carry the cement bags during loading and unloading they use the hooks for uplift the bag
3. Because of hook used during loading and unloading time there are 8 holes created on the cement bag and due to this nearly about 4 kg cement is wasted .
1. The main objective of this project is to pick the cement bag from stacking position in warehouses and to keep it on moving conveyor belt which is connected to outside truck .
2. so, the main task is to design and fabricate the mechanical system to pick the cement bag from stacking position in warehouses and to keep it on moving conveyor belt .
BRAINSTORMING IDEA ABOUT CEMENT BAG HANDLING PROJECT
1. JCB arm
2. Mobile vaccume lifter
3. Crane system
4. rubber cover for pulling arm
5. change the stacking system
6. Circular stacking
7. lengthwise stacking
8. soft tooth jaw by pulling action
9. robotic palletizer
CEMENT BAG WAREHOUSE OBSERVATION
I visited the cement bag warehouse in pabal at ” samarth cement warehouse in pabal”
1. Observe the overall cement warehouse.
there is a stack of 50 kg bag each
2. the warehouse is an air-tight room with no window.
3.Around 13 bags in one stacking system in 50kg bag category.
4.Bombay stacking :- Alternate width wise and lengthwise arrangement of cement bags in warehouse
5.stack the cement bags off the floor on wooden planks in such way that ,it is about 150 - 200 mm above the floor.
6.the distance maintained between outer layer of cement bag stacks and interior wall is 600 mm .
7.height of stack should not be more than 15 - 20 bags to prevent possibility of lumping under pressure .
8. width of the stack should not be more than 4 bags length or 3 m
dimension of cement bags :- l = 70 cm , w = 35 cm , t = 14 cm
actual cement bags warehouse image
To lift the cement bag by clamping action
Gripper cad part
Tripod cad part
Bulk density of cement =mass/volume
Density of cement =1440 kg/m3
Mass of cement bag= 50kg
Volume of cement bag= 0.0347 m3
contact edge / length between two bags = 50mm
contact width /edge between two bags =30 mm
Contact area between two cement bags = l * w = 50*30=1500 cm2
motor :- for forward and reverse direction motor
ac induction motor , 3 phase
motor capacity +360 watt
current = 0.86 amp
Mini electric hoist :- for up and down motion
load capacity :-250/500 kg
voltage :- 220 v
frequency :- 60 Hz , i/p power = 900 watt
force required to pull the cement bag by practical approach , F = m*g
mass required to pull the cement bag from stack =19.7 kg
gravitational acceleration = 9.81 m/s2
so , force required to pull the cement bag by practical approach , F = 193.257 N
The formula for friction is
Fr = μR
Where μ is the coefficient of friction, and
R is the normal contact force.
So the normal contact force will be
Mass x gravity = 50*9.81 = 490.5
0.37 * 490.5 = 181.485 N