In Vigyan Ashram at Entrepreneurship training A women have buisness of making dish washing liquid . She Facing a problem of Liquid has low viscosity and fragrance can’t remain for long so we decided to working on Set a standard procedure for Making perfect Dishwashing liquid.
To set standard operating procedure for preparation of dish washing liquid.
- maintain viscosity of dish washing liquid.
- Increase life of fragrance of dish washing liquid.
Materials required for Dish washing liquid.
- Linear alkyl benzene sulphonic acid ( LABSA ) also known as acid slurry
- Sodium hydroxide NaOH
- frangrance lemon
- yellow colour
- CABP Coco amido propyl betaine
- Distilled water or RO water
- plastic beaker
- weighing balance
Procedure : for 1 liter Dish washing Liquid
- Took a Plastic beaker of capacity 1000 ml.
- Added 12.5 gm Sodium Hydroxide NaOH in beaker.
- Added 400 ml of RO water mix it well until dissolve completely.
- Added 94gm Linear alkyl benzene sulphonic acid (LABSA). slowly add the LABSA with slow agitation for 10 to 15 minutes or as necessary to obtain a clear solution.
- added 0.5 gm color and 1 gm essence check pH. for lifespan of fragrance add 0.5 gm of Table salt with 10 ml water and added in solution.
- added remaining water make volume up to 1000 ml.
- adjusted of pH 8 to 10 using the pH paper.
- if pH is acidic Add NaOH or pH is basic add LABSA.
- adjusted viscosity by adding CABP Cocamidopropyl betaine
what is Linear alkyl benzene sulphonic acid ( LABSA ) ?
Linear alkyl benzene sulphonic acids are a mixtures of benzene sulphonic acids containing linear alkyl chains of different lengths (C9: less than 1%, C10: 8 to 16%, C11: 26 to 38%, C12: 26 to 38%, C13: 15 to 27% and longer than C13: less than 2.5%). LABSA is a significant ingredient in the manufacturing of washing, detergent, and cleaning powders, as well as detergent cake, liquid and oil soaps, scouring bars, and a variety of anionic specialty formulations. It’s used as a washing agent in the textile industry. One of the main advantages of using LABSA as a surfactant in detergent production is its high water solubility. This allows it to easily mix with water, making it a highly effective cleaning agent. LABSA also has a strong cleaning power and can remove stubborn stains, dirt, and grime with ease.
Sodium Hydroxide in Cleaning & Disinfectant Products
Drain cleaners that contain sodium hydroxide convert fats and grease that can clog pipes into soap, which dissolves in water.
Uses and safety. Cocamidopropyl betaine, or CAPB for short, is an ingredient in many personal care products, including some brands of shampoo, body wash, and soap. Manufacturers also use it to formulate household cleaners and laundry detergent. CAPB is a surfactant that comes from coconut oil.
Advantages of liquid dishwashing / soap bars liquid soap reduces exchange of germs between users as no one touches the soul it has a very little chance of spreading germs liquid soap is convenient to use these soaps common bottles with dispensers and so are easy to use unlike the bar soaps a liquid soap never gets mushy liquid silk tends to create a richer lather this is one of the factors for which many people prefer it over bar soap liquid soap contains a lower pH level and is thus gentler and suitable for people with sensitive skin it is also able to retain more than 30% of the skins natural moisture and thus liquid soap is good for dry skin – it will not leave any chalk marks on the dishes.
COSTING OF DISH WASHING LIQUID :
|Sr. No.||Material||Rate/Kg||Quantity used for a liter||Total|
|1.||Linear alkyl Benzene Sulfonic acid (LABSA)||140/-||94 gm||13.16 /-|
|2.||Sodium Hydroxide ( NaOH )||140/-||12.5 gm||1.75 /-|
|3.||Sodium Chloride ( NaCl)||30/-||1 gm||0.03 /-|
|4.||Coco amido propyl betaine (CABP)||100/-||10 ml||1 /-|
|5.||Color||700/-||0.5 gm||0.35 /-|
|6.||Fragrance||700/-||1 ml||0.7 /-|
Preparation of Dish washing Liquid in IBT Instuctor Training Program on 25/05/2023