As the development in the Society composter has reached at a considerably better level, We started to work on major problem that we faced in case of our composter that is “Corrosion”. As we used Mild Steel sheet metal as the material of the drum, It subjected to the high rate of Corrosion which reduces the life of the composter. We first thought about the possible material that can be used as the replacement of the MS sheet metal but on later stage we decided to coat our existing drum with Fiber Glass Reinforced Plastic (FRP).
The material which required for FRP is:
- Fiber Glass Sheet
- Hand Gloves
- Safety Glasses
- Scale/Measuring tape
- Mixing Rod/Stick
- Measure the dimensions of the side on which you wants to do coating.
- Mark same dimensions on Fiber glass sheet and Cut the Fiber glass sheet according to marked dimensions.
- Pour require quantity (according to size of side to be coated) of resin into the pot. Generally to coat 1 feet x 1 feet sheet, It require 100 ml of the Resin.
- Add Pigment and mix it well until whole mixture look homogeneous. The amount of pigment we require to add is 6 ml for 200 ml of resin.
- Add Cobalt. The amount of Cobalt we require to add is 5 ml for 200 ml of resin.
- Add Hardner. The quantity of hardener is same as that of quantity of Cobalt. Lesser the hardener quantity, larger the time require to settle.
- Mix well
- Spread the Fiber glass sheet over the side to be coated.
- Apply coat of mixer over the sheet with the help of brush.
- Allow it to settle. Once it get harden, repeat the same procedure for second side.
The Resin we used is of the brand “GAYATRI”.
All the material of FRP is available at below address:
SHREE FIBROCHEM, 1247, Shukrawar Peth, Shubhash Nagar, Lane No. 5, Near Hotel Peacock, Pune. Contact: 020-24481122
You can find and download design files for Modifies society composter on below link: