The objective of this trial was to maintain the color and taste of raisins. After doing 1 kg grapes batch raisin I did that experiment on piolet dryer on 14th April 2019 using the net. The 2nd trial was started on 18th April 2019 at 5:30 pm.
Procedure followed was
- Ameya and I did blanching on 8 kg grapes using dipping oil.
- I had loaded batch of 5 kg on dome dryer and 3 kg in piolet dryer.
- Took initial LOD it was 84.63%
- And drying curves and lod details are in the following sheet.
- The first 2 plates of dome dryer dries fast but other plate took 3 more days to dry.
- No fungus infected or no grapes spoiled.
To maintain grapes color it goes dark brown after drying and taste of raisins.