Objective : To fabricate dustpan
Material : GI metal sheet, scale, marker, hammer.
Machine to be use : bending machine, spot welding machine.
- Take a metal sheet which has less weight.
- Mark the sheet as 29 cm in length and 29 cm in breadth.
- Cut the sheet as per marking by a small hand cutter.
- Bend the sheet 1 cm inside at the edges using bending machine to prevent cutting of hands while using.
- At lengthwise marking leave 5 cm at the top.
- Cut the rectangle sheet 3.4 cm in breadth and 4.2 cm in length at the top corner.
- Slightly bend the sheet at 5 cm from top by using hammer.
- After bending it from top bend the sheet from right and left side perpendicular to the base to form a trapezoidal structure at the base this is done by using hammer.
- The corner coming near at the top should be joint by using spot welding.
- To make handle for it cut the sheet in rectangle 20 cm length and 3 cm in breadth
- Bend the edges at 0.8 cm by using bending machine.
- Bend the handle at 4 cm from both sides using hammer in perpendicular direction.
- On 4 cm mark 2 cm and bent it perpendicularly using hammer.
- Fix that handle to top of pan by doing spot welding.
- I tried to joint the corners by riveting and it is not fixing well.
I have used spot welding instead of riveting
Learning outcome :
learn to use rivet gun, bending machine, spot welding machine